It all started Monday night when we got yet another inch of snow. The boys were excited...
until they found out that snow without ice isn't as fun for sledding.
Aiden still had fun playing and was out there for an hour or two. I love this picture. He is so laid back that he usually won't take off his winter coat in the house; here his poor hat shifted and he couldn't see, but rather then twist it back around, he would just hold his head back when he was walking so that his eyes could see out of the bottom. I kept waiting for him to turn it, and finally told him to come over so I could fix it. He was amazed at his new sight! :)
So yeah... God must have felt bad when He saw their pathetic snow angels. I mean, don't you feel bad for them with this picture?!
Ummmm.... yikes.
This would be heavy in the midwest/ northeast. But this is North Carolina. And school was cancelled four days when they received one inch of snow. Can you imagine what would happen with 8 inches???
Unfortunately, I had to get a few groceries for dinner... and I had to stalk a customer just to get a spot (even at the back of the parking lot). I felt like it was Y2K all over again.
The good news is, we only got about 6 inches before it switched to sleet and freezing rain. And temperatures are ranging from the 30s to the 70s this next week, so our backyard is mostly thawed.
And Joel was on call on Thursday, and even though he had lots of calls during the day (since the office was closed), he didn't have to leave the house, because everyone was too scared to leave.
And we were all able to get to the dentist the next day (even though we weren't scheduled), because they had cancellations. Personally, I would've cancelled too. It pays to have a husband born in the midwest. :)
And everything was pretty outside! And we only lost power for an hour (although my grocery trip the next day- I forgot a few essentials and Joel was going to be gone in Florida for the weekend- was a bust, as the grocery store lost power for a lot longer, and therefore there were no perishables available)
And yes, the boys enjoyed their snow.
Well... except Callum. It was a little bit too thick for him, so when he got to areas not already compacted by his brothers, it was hard to maneuver. :) Poor guy! He didn't last long.
But then he saw his Daddy go outside, and help the older two make a couple of sledding runs, compacting the snow down... and well, that looked like fun.
So with an apple, and in his Daddy's arms, he was perfectly content. :)
And then of course the other two wanted apples as well. And they played out there for a few hours, shoveling the patio, building forts and what-not. I just kept the oven on warm, and would switch out their gloves every half hour or so as they soaked through.
And later, they built a simple snowman...
(with extra candy eyes being eaten by hungry builders)
(with extra candy eyes being eaten by hungry builders)
And a simple igloo... not as intense as the last one, which is probably why it sadly did not survive the 45 degree Friday we had. But it still made for fun times! :)
Now here's to hoping this winter weather goes away!!
***And thank you for your prayers. We have all been symptom free for a couple days now-- I'm so grateful and feel blessed to be over this, hopefully for the rest of winter!***


No comments:
Post a Comment