Thursday, May 21, 2015

Calvin and Hobbes: The Introduction of a Classic

Growing up, I remember watching my brother laughing as he read Calvin and Hobbes. There are a couple of boys in high school, where, when I think of them, I automatically remember C&H as well, as they were often found either drawing the comic, or with it in hand. A couple of years ago, I thought to myself that I would need to remember to get a comic book or two for Liam, after I saw how much he appreciated a Baby Blues comic book that my parents got for us. Lately, I had been reminded of it again, when watching this one incessantly carry around his "Teddy" with him everywhere (none of my other two were that emotionally attached to their stuffed animals).


 We were at the Rescue Mission on Tuesday, and I saw a stack of Garfield comic books. I thought to myself that I should look for a C&H book for Liam, but I didn't notice any. Well, it's because Liam had already seen it and snagged it. So I happily bought it for him (and at 12.5 cents, it was the steal of a lifetime!!).

Since then, this has been the common scene.


And when he can get someone to read it to him, this is the common reaction you will see, as he doesn't have to sound out and understand some of the more difficult vocabulary in Calvin's jargon (i.e. maligned, tapioca, repartee, wriggling)


This one below, he first wanted to read to me Wednesday morning. Then, he wanted to act it out. After that, it turned into a full blown skit. Enjoy.
(Sorry I posted this Nana, but at least I gave you fair warning!)


Hilariously, Joel actually remembered this strip, and was quoting it before Liam and my mom would even say the sentences- This makes me even more excited to have this book for our boys!














No comments: