Let's catch up!
There has been CC and school, outdoor play and indoor play, messes and more messes. And still more messes. We've traveled to Florida with my family. We've traveled to Ohio with his family. We've tried our best to open our home to whoever wants to come by. We celebrated our 10th anniversary in November. He became a partner, and we are currently trying to survive as a family until after he has his final case review for his boards in a couple weeks. And then life will slow down and get easy... right?! ;)
Oh, and in the early fall, I started despising chocolate. And pumpkin. And we knew something was up. So after long periods of denial, while my food aversions and nausea grew worse, we took a test. And it was positive.
After reality hit that I truly was pregnant- the boys denied it for quite a bit until Aiden noticed one day, "Mom, I think you might be pregnant, because you are getting a belly." ... well, after the reality hit, they were pretty much adamant we are going to have another boy. The four of them would march around chanting, "I don't want a sister. I don't want to kiss her!" , with Bowen giggling and following behind talking in his own dialect. Joel definitely wanted a girl to be "his little princess". And me, well, I have enough drama for our family and the practical side of me likes the simplicity of not doing hair and having hand me downs every two years for my boys. People asked if we were continuing to try for a girl. Nope, God just wanted to bless us with another child. We've had mixed reviews of whether people were gunning for a girl or a boy.
And now you know the rest of the story.
Until today. Because at 19wks, I finally found myself an OB (but we may switch already... another story). And they wanted measurements. And wanted them asap. So they scheduled me an ultrasound for this morning. And Joel said we may as well find out now, because "it's the same surprise at 20 weeks as at 40". True. We had the ultrasound tech write it down and put it in an envelope, so that the boys wouldn't hear (and maybe gab) before Joel heard. I wanted to have a reveal party in Phoenix in March... so my sister could make a cake. But Joel decided tonight he couldn't wait.
Katie, you better still make me a cake. At least it doesn't have to be colored now. You know which one I want. Either brush up on your caramel skills or make sure Mike is around. ;)
So for the few loyal followers who have chosen to keep track of this blog, you shall find out first what we are having.
** I have received multiple comments from hopeful viewers, and apparently the video isn't working on most apple devices and cell phones. I guess I was somehow unknowingly involved in some nefarious scheme to make you get off of your mobile devices and use the good ole fashioned computer ;) Sorry (not sorry) for the inconvenience!

2 comments:
I'm seriously excited about this :)
Haha! I couldn't see the video on my apple computer! But thankfully I already knew! Congratulations!
Post a Comment