Thursday, June 25, 2009

New House, New Niece, New Job

I would say we are officially moved in, but that isn't quite true if you count all the boxes that line the halls and fill the rooms. Joel may be an official resident of Michigan now if you count the fact that he registered his car and had his great Arizona driver's license voided (the tragedy of it all!)... I may try to hold out a bit longer and try to prevent reality from sinking in full force. It has definitely been hard to live in the same house you are trying clean and unpack. It made me realize what a blessing it was when we moved to Phoenix that my parents were so close by that we could eat at their place until we were settled.
On the positive side, when I made a mess of the kitchen looking through boxes ("where did I see that food processor?") to make dinner, and couldn't fully clean it (on account of neither having dishwasher cleaner or a dishwand to put the soap in)... you really can't tell!! :) Once I line the shelves and find the silverware holder, I will be well on my way to a unpacked kitchen!! It will be a blessing having my mom out here for the next week to watch the baby so that I can be more productive and efficient.
Mark Savoury. Our amazing real estate agent.

Not an inch to spare when an engineer(ing major) packs the vehicle.

We ate Panera three times in two days. We ought to buy stock.

My first home cooked meal. Daddy is using his new Father's Day mug with Liam's footprint (It took me forever to find the box I packed it in!


New Niece

On our way upto Michigan, we stopped in South Bend to visit my in--laws. I was fully excited to see Natalie have her baby that day, as she had been in labor. Unfortunately, she decided it was time to get her revenge on not seeing Liam for his first month of life, and gave birth to little Cosette Marie the evening we headed up to Farmington. I can't wait to go visit :)


Cosette Marie Virkler. Born 19 June 2009





New Job

Yesterday began the beginning of my husband's new job at Botsford General Hospital. Its actually only orientation, which I consider a preparation period for the wives, as we become used to not seeing our husbands around anymore- a thoughtful gesture as opposed to the sledgehammer that will be swung July 1st when true residency gets underway.

No comments: