here's what I've been upto the past few weeks of my blogging absence.
First, Liam and I flew to Phoenix where we spent over a week reconnecting with family and friends, while enjoying mostly warm weather (my dear husband and Michigan church friends made sure to point out that a few days were actually warmer in Michigan while I was away). It was good to come back to Joel though, and we spent a few days together (as much as work would allow), having fun with the baby as he rounded the 6 month mark! Joel's parents and brother Timothy came in Friday night and stayed until Sunday. We enjoyed the farmer's market, sushi, ice cream (a poor substitute for gelato for my f-i-l), football and Purdue ball (the men, Purdue ball once again being in the intern lounge) and painting and pear sauce making (the women).
Liam's room was painted, and now I'm working on the trim... which could take quite a while since the baby has not fully recouped from all the activity and doesn't seem to enjoy taking longer then one 1 hr nap a day, and I need to keep an eye on my moving child while not letting him breathe in the fumes, or roll into the fresh paint. He's also teething... and unlike some kids, mine must take after me with having a very low pain tolerance, the poor guy!
Hmmm... what else have I done?? Really, I don't think too much else...
I've killed a lovely poinsettia tree (yes, that's right, it was 3 ft tall) gifted to us by the former owners. My only consolation is that now my child won't croak from eating it's poisonous leaves.
I've discovered an amazing vacuum for fall leaves... and apparently it's a free service for my city (well, free in the sense it's probably included in the taxes)... but while I was away, my husband mulched all the leaves into the grass, so unfortunately I won't be able to experience it myself this year. :(
I visited the mall last weekend for the first time since moving out here! Yup, that truly is an accomplishment. Joel wanted to go Christmas present shopping for our date night so off we went.
I've taken a hiatus with my baking... it'll probably be short-lived, but I went to a nutrition talk with Mom's Connection, and haven't quite recovered from all the "bad stuff" I eat. I haven't gone all-out though, as I still refuse to get into the natural/organic kick, and I did have two cups of coffee at Bible Study the following morning with chocolate caramel cream in one, and peppermint mocha in the other (probably a total of 4-5 servings at that, hehe-- tho for all you Mom's Connection women out there, I have discovered that International Delight, at least the choc caramel, does NOT have partially hydrogenated in its nutrition label... a true non Trans fat-er! :)
My water-lovin' baby
Who sometimes prefers to eat the washcloth... a result of teething
Grandpa and Liam
Missy and Liam. We were able to make it to SCA's regional CC meet.
What fun memories from when I coached!
Below are some photos Tyler Knochel was able to get of my uncooperative (he needed a nap) 6 mo. old boy...
While the rest of us scarfed (?) down the sushi, Tim quietly held Liam
Joel's mom used the brush, and I was the roller
The Men
What they did when they were not watching Purdue ball at the hospital
Playing with garage sale finds :)
Apparently Climacus' writings are not a good enough bedtime story to keep my son awake
Liam's room in "Liberty Blue". It was a spur of the moment choice, but hopefully we will like it for a while :)
The blanket was knitted for him by his Grandma Virkler








5 comments:
I like the blue Amber! I think the previous owner would flip though (not that her opinion matters, or mine for that matter). It just really adds some color in there don't you think?
I had to laugh when I read about the poinsettia tree. When Madison was about 10 months our neighbor gave us a huge beautiful poinsettia for Christmas. I guess she thought it was beautiful too, because one day I found her munching on leaves. I instantly panicked and called poison control. They said that you would have to eat 1000 leaves to make it poisonous to a human. I think they said something about it being more poisonous to cats?!? So if you ever get one again, you don't have to worry:)
I also like the color of Liam's room!!
What is Mom's Connection? Do you know that Allison still has no teeth...
I love the blue! I learned here that I don't have to ban poinsettias any more:)
I love the blue Amber! It says BOY! It goes really well with the crib bumper and blanket too.
Post a Comment