Friday, March 26, 2010

Life is Beautiful!

First of all. I stand corrected.

They aren't tulips after all.

I was informed by J's Aunt that they are crocuses.

J asked me what the difference was... I said, hopefully it makes them easier to grow, although already some are wilting... more bulbs are sprouting though, these ones are taller, so we shall see what pops out of them :) Although J hates the landscaping of the yard, it is fun to see different things beginning to bloom!

In other news, today was the perfect day. J didn't go into work til 9(pm), so we got to spend most of the day together. J and I both decided this towards the end of the day, and then laughed at the fact that during one of the most beautiful days we've had together, we didn't really do a whole lot besides the normal everyday things.

And it was even in the low 40s outside (but pleasantly sunny :)

Here's how it looked:  J getting a massage this morning to help out his back problems, then us going to Novi for lunch at the largest Irish pub in North America (where I had the most amazing hamburger I have ever eaten!), then we walked in downtown Northville for a little while and window-shopped, followed by grocery shopping and picking up paint samples at Home Depot. Then after L went down for a nap, we just sat on the couch, deciding what colors to paint the kitchen and family room, until J fell asleep. For dinner (the first one the two of us have had together by ourselves since the beginning of March!) I made tilapia, rosemary roasted potatoes, and balsamic glazed asparagus. ... And then he left for work.

We decided we could get used to this life.

But its ER. And this rotation is coming to an end, and with it, the random luxurious days (or day, since really, due to vacation falling on this month, as well as J's Guatemala trip, he didn't have any other days off) come to an end as well.

Sigh.

But next month is FP. So I may at least be guaranteed a husband in the evenings, if you negate vacation coverage as well as intern house duties! :)

1 comment:

Alesa said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Isn't it funny how just doing "normal" things together is all of the sudden fun?