Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I'm so blessed to be able to celebrate my second mother's day (Liam was born just 6 days before mother's day last year)! J gave me a tropical plant assortment (including my fav orchids-- hopefully I can keep these alive a lil longer!) on Saturday. He is working every day this month until the last weekend in May, but he had me come to the hospital where he treated me to breakfast... now you may think "hospital food, that's gross!", but al contrare, it is truly amazing and I love it- at least Botsfords! They have a brand new kitchen with gourmet food and it is so delicious. He let me pick out whatever I wanted, and it was so hard, because it all looked so good! But I ended up opting for french toast, eggs, hashbrowns and biscuits and gravy... so yum!! The best part though was my baby and I just getting to spend time with my sweet husband before we headed off to church. At church, Randy gave a wonderful morning mother's day service using the typical Proverbs 31 (but he did it so well, not making us feel like we could never live up to this woman, but focusing on how King Lemuel's mother must have been, to raise a boy that wanted that type of woman!), and also I Samuel and the story of Hannah, who after she was finally blessed with a baby, dedicated him back to the service of the Lord after 2-3 years... and how the Lord then blessed her with 5 more children.

Then yesterday afternoon, we headed over to the Blumes, where Cherise had a wonderful mother's day dinner for some of us from church. It was wonderful to be able to spend an evening with these families, and watch L interact with Ellyana. J was able to join towards the end, after he got off of work at 7, so it made the evening perfect!

Below is a link to a mother's song that I stole from Cherise with her permission :) I think it is just beautiful!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re5EIUIXbhc

No comments: