Friday, January 25, 2013

And He Talks!

And no, his first couple words were not Mama or Dada.

And yes, I had been counting his "ha" as hot when he'd hold his hand over something warm, because it made me feel better.

And yes, I had resigned to the fact that he would probably not talk until after the baby is born. And I still don't have my hopes too high, especially since one of the two words he no longer says... baby steps though, right?

But it is official...

Aiden's first two words...

"airplane" 
(in a distinct two syllable format that sounds more like a deep, gutterly "ar-gwon")


and 


"owl".

I think Liam was just as excited as I was. :)

He was like "Mommy, Aiden talked. Jesus gave Aiden a voice!" ... apparently screeches and cries of terror when his older brother is after him don't account for much ;)

And then he tried to get Aiden to say all kinds of things, to no avail, of course. But Aiden was pretty exhuberant over his two words too, especially owl. We tried to get him to say "mama", but it was more like "baba"... same with "dada". Later he did say "uh oh" when his mitten fell off, but it was barely above a whisper.

So there you have it.

It took a book from PD Eastman to get my son to say anything. And once I figure out how to get the video from my phone to the pc (where is the sd converter when you need it, you will be able to see it too :)


** This was a video I took a few days later... I still can't find my sd converter! Since this post, he has stopped saying airplane, but he has added "choo choo" to his vocabulary. :) Enjoy! **

 

No comments: