Thursday, January 17, 2013

Book Review: Twelve Unlikely Heroes

So remember that book review program I mentioned joining awhile ago? Well, I got an email from them a week ago talking about new criteria to stay "current" members and not be suspended. Haha, sounds like I'm back in school, right?! It sure feels like it. And have you ever had those dreams where you go to class to realize that there is a huge exam you didn't study for (that only happened to me in real life a couple of times)... well, all of a sudden I realized I hadn't quite finished and put in a review for another book that I read and loved.

Yes, it's another John MacArthur book. But rest assured, I will be branching out my horizons since there aren't any other available books by him currently being offered for review. Once again though, I highly recommend Twelve Unlikely Heroes, as it covers(through both biblical and secular historical references) twelve individuals used by God because of their faith in Him and their faithfulness to serve Him, despite shortcomings, sinful lives and other failures. It reminds us once again that God is sovereign and can use anybody, whether male or female, slave or royalty, weak or strong.



And yes, you will be seeing reviews from me more often-- I have to start submitting a review once every three months. So apparently I might need to do a better job of putting my other books aside and reading my review ones more frequently. I'm actually kind of thankful for a little bit of accountability since I was probably abusing the system. :)

No comments: