Problem: Liam found the Valentine's Day sprinkles that I bought on clearance last year. And he has an indelible memory.
Thus, yesterday morning I awoke to a "Mommy, it's February 14th! Valentine's Day! Let's get Aiden and make cookies with sprinkles!".
So much for avoiding sugar.
About that time (yes, I slept in until 9am), my husband came home with breakfast for us all. Yay!!
And then while he worked out, I quick made cookie dough and the boys
We fed the boys an early dinner, put them to bed, and then instead of going out Joel and I enjoyed some Caribou Coffee (B1G1!!), and made a nice meal together of salmon, rice, roasted asparagus and salad. Yum! It was a relaxing evening/night of talking, setting goals, playing a few games, watching a random dvd of Dave Ramsey that I found while cleaning the office, and doing devotions together. We both agreed that although we can't remember too many Valentine's day celebrations, this was definitely our best, and we need to try Andria's "making dinner together" idea more often :)
I think we made over 30 cookies. Unfortunately, I went to go do something (and left Joel in charge to clean up when they were done) and the last two pictures is what I returned to find... there's definitely a handful that got eaten in my absence! And though they aren't perfect with frosting and sprinkles, I'm not complaining... the recipe I used actually was decent and neither my children (nor I ) need that extra sugar!

1 comment:
Yay for a nice dinner in. :D The cookies look yummy too. ;)
Post a Comment