Monday, November 11, 2013

Autumn Gala 2013

Since Joel was already in town for his annual OITE testing, we figured we'd take advantage of our luck by going to Botsford's Autumn Gala. Once again, an attending (Dr. Faulkner, a trauma surgeon) was gracious enough to pay our $1,000/head (it benefited the Botsford Foundation) and we had a lovely evening of wonderful hors d'oeuvres and bellinis that eluded me, dinner with those fancy names you struggle to pronounce and an amazing dessert buffet. Oh, and good fellowship too. :)

This year, I didn't feel like shopping with three boys, so I cheated and bought a few dresses online and then let Joel pick out the one I should wear. And now that my mom is here to help, I can return the others! I borrowed gold shoes from Sarah, and was told I needed to have some type of necklace to help offset the black, so Lindsay let me borrow her costume jewelry! And Joel was extra thrilled that I straightened my hair for the first time in two years-- you know, special occasions ;)


Dr. Faulkner didn't like that he couldn't see my husband from across the round table. After a few phone calls back and forth, he finally just removed the centerpiece.

The three chiefs.


Funny story. Danya was dress shopping and found a similar dress at White House Black Market. She bought it and showed a picture to a few family and friends, including Joel that afternoon. He remarked that it was near identical to mine. Not wanting to be my twin, she found the ivory one lingering in her closet.

Table 38.

2 comments:

arlan and katie said...

Love your dress Amber...what a stunning couple you make!

L, Ann and boys said...

so fun :) glad I got to see the dress. So so classy and the gold shoes are super cute with it. when a mama gets the chance to dress up it's special ;)