Friday, February 21, 2014

Valentine's Day Dates

We actually went the day before Valentine's Day. Joel celebrated the actual day with his coworkers yet again- this time with a cadaver course. Romantic, eh? :)

We were going to hit up the little brick oven pizza place that I absolutely love (Phx people, think Pizzeria Bianco-- yes, it's that good, minus the wait)... but there was a wait. And I didn't feel like waiting. So, we went for the chain instead. Because he had never been. And I was craving their baci prosciutto. And Aiden wasn't with us, so I could eat it guilt-free. Less romantic, but I told Joel that I feel like society is calling us to "eat local", and anything less then random little eateries are bad, and it's upto the "younger generation" to break the mold, as only the "older generations" go to the chains anymore.... etc etc.

Well, you know how much I hate being dictated to by the politically correct of this world (who knew behavioral psychology would have such an effect on me!).

And thus, my husband got Papa Vinos... and my soapbox.

And my notepad and pen. Because I'm all about accomplishing objectives on our "romantic" dates.

The poor guy.

But he did get barbeque chicken pizza (a diversification from his usual calamari appetizer). And some super-de-duper seafood pasta dish, to which he got the privilege to also hear my nostalgic recollection of Katie and I's attempt to keep bivalves as pets in our bedroom closet. ... Remember that, Katie? :)



And me? Well, I got my baci... leeks, prosciutto, romano cream sauce and all! Yum!! :)



And to be nice to the babysitter (aka Nana), we took Callum. And he's such a gentleman, he tried to get the bill for us. And eat it.




As for the boys... well, they had a special, romantic dinner too. ;)



No comments: