I was able to help him through the entire song after he saw me pull out my camera and asked me to sing with him. Otherwise, if you are in our home, you will only hear "Yes, Jesus loves me" over and over and over again.
But sometimes, when days are rough, that is all the reminder you need to put a smile on your face.
By the way, thank you all for your kind notes, small gifts of love and thoughtful prayers. Len's death is starting to sink in with the boys a bit more each day, but they are handling it well. At dinner last night, Liam was complaining that his lips were going to die and fall off (they were chapped and his mother's overly zealous seasoning of the soup didn't help...), and Aiden responded "Mommy, Leonard died too!". It was the first time that Aiden has mentioned Len that way. Otherwise he has always talked about wanting to see him. I'm still not for sure if he comprehends or is just relaying the talking points he's heard. But it was still a first.
My mother and Joel's parents came in for the funeral, and life is now starting to get back to a "normal" routine (if you negate the boxes and packing)-- for another week that is, before Auntie Katie arrives. :)
Also, a random tidbit. For those that follow the blog and remember Liam reciting Psalms 23... well, after he did so, my mother gave him a book that illustrates Psalms 23 (KJV even!), to help him remember the order of the verses. It's also been fun for him to pretend to "read" the book.
Well, thrifty me found The Lord's Prayer, for super cheap by the same illustrator-- also in KJV. I bought it, thinking about how I wanted to teach that to Liam someday and it'd be fun for him to be able to "read" that book too. Well, Sunday afternoon he shocked both Joel and I when he was reciting it for us from the back. We thought he learned it in Sunday School (or Joel thought I taught him during the day)... but no, he learned it from us reading the book to him a few times.
So if you want some visuals to help your kids learn those two portions of Scripture, well, this Momma recommends them :)

1 comment:
I love the art in this book :) I just ordered a copy and am excited to read it to the boys. :)
Post a Comment