Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Phoenix

We just got back.

No, we haven't been gone since I last posted. That would be a nice thought, climate-wise. But it's more like I hadn't been near the computer since I last posted as I was too busy packing, decluttering, cleaning, and organizing.

Our house is pretty spotless now.

So spotless, I really do feel like I hear an echo in this office as I type. Seriously. :)

My sister, bless her heart, swooped in and flew back out with the boys-- yes, that quick. She didn't want to stay too long in the snow. ;) She was amazing flying back with the older two, withOUT a working DVD player.

And then Kristen and I went to town. She's amazing too. She would be right behind me, cleaning after I would declutter, pack and organize.

And now our house is, in my mother's words, "unrecognizable". Yup. And when Liam and I played a "find the differences" game with the pictures on zillow, well, he missed all the various furniture items and pictures I hadn't put up until now, but did notice my clean kitchen counters... he probably didn't even know they were white ;)

So there you have it. A few sleepless nights later, and I was Phoenix-bound with the baby, leaving my husband behind with the mess I left. And he did impressively. I love him. :)

And then he flew out too. And our house went on the market, with me fervently praying that it would show and sell before we returned, so I wouldn't have to keep it spotless, at the ready to show it with my children living in it.

And God provided. :)

And we've kept it clean for almost 24hrs.

I'm so proud of them. :)


Still waiting for pictures from everyone else's phones (gone are the days of one camera/family simplicity, grrrr) so I can  upload other pictures... but here are a few from surprising my mother on her birthday.

My sister had been in a state of moderate depression because she had been the first to request off St. Patrick's Day from work (it was our last day in town and my mom's birthday), and she was still scheduled, though a bunch of other girl's got it off. Begrudgingly, she showed up to work and found out the manager had double-booked her tables. So she got off. My dad wanted cupcakes over cake, so she stopped at Sprinkles, then picked up a couple balloons for the boys to hold, and well, we surprised my mom :)



 The Surprisers and the Surprisee

 Sprinkles. <3 p="">
I love the simplicity and the fact that unlike all the crazy cupcake places popping up, these ones may not look fancy, but they taste the best.

 Aiden wanted a letter on his cupcake. Well, those were on the St Patrick Day flavors (green velvet and Baileys)... aka, ones he couldn't have. So we put it on his cupcake and he was thrilled, telling everyone that his cupcake said "Aiden."

And he had Katie continually chop it into slivery bites for him. He saw her lick the marshmallow creme off of it though and from then on, he wanted to lick the cupcake off the knife too. :)


No comments: