Friday, March 28, 2014

Barrel Cacti and Such


Liam came to me to show me a picture he drew. He was pointing out the various elements: rattlesnake, eagle, trees, mountains, etc when all of a sudden he said "barrel cactus".



Me: "A barrel cactus?!"
Liam: "Yup. It's a barrel cactus. You know, that little round green cactus that grows in the desert?"
Me: "Yes, I know what a barrel cactus is... how do you know what a barrel cactus is?"
Liam: "Well, I think Uncle Joel might have showed me when we went hiking."
Me: "Oh, did he tell you it was a barrel cactus?"
Liam: "Yup. That is because he is sooooo smart. Cuz he's in school, you know."

:)


He was speaking about when my brother took him hiking when we were out in Phoenix. I was crazy enough to think my brother was reasonable and wake up my son before dawn, so they could hike a mountain together and watch the sun rise from the top. Liam said that he had lots of fun. And didn't even see snakes, because Uncle Joel said they don't like to come out until it's hot. ;)



I asked Liam what this face was for... he said he was either pretending to be scared, because Mommy would think it was too high, or he was afraid a plane was going to fly into his face and crash into the mountain. He thinks it was a plane.
Ummm, ok. 




1 comment:

L, Ann and boys said...

fun! I didn't know there were two Joels in his life :)