Perfect timing to be doing our unit on the sun for homeschool, right? :) Tell that to the grapes that are still fully grapes and not raisins chilling on the window ledge. Or that I need to use artificial lights to teach my child about shadows. And nevermind attempting sundials...
That's what I get for procrastinating.
Least we don't live in Alaska or other places way up north where the sun is either always present or practically nonexistent. Counting my blessings... ;)
But once upon a time it was sunny. And we had to combat it somehow. And I was reminded of it when I was looking through these pictures...
Trying to drink the water spout.
The best water slide they could create here in the Virkler yard.
And what is a water slide without getting to ride a flotation device down it?! But the head of the whale wouldn't fit through the slide entrance, and he couldn't ride it's tail down...
... nor could he face forward and still have control. I'm actually surprised with it's three foot ride that he attempted it many more times.
Here you can take note the first signs that our giraffe pool might have a leak somewhere...
You know you are a Mommy that carries a camera when your 16mo old will randomly walk upto you and say "eeeeeeee" with a big grin (I'm guessing he means 'cheese'). So I obliged him and snapped his picture. After I show it to him, he smiles and then runs off to play. :)
In case you didn't believe me about leaks. This is how it is by nightfall. Still fun for the toddler (who rarely ventures it's waters when inflated), but it needs to be re-inflated each day to appease the older two. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment