So without further talk, here is an abbreviated version of the pictures I took during their visit...
When Nana comes, it means that every morning, they will search out their barrels, that contains a healthy snack :)
My mother was infatuated with these bugs at the museum
Touching a millipede. Pretty much only Papa was brave enough.
Aiden's favorite part of the museum is the butterfly house, and it became even moreso, when he discoved a butterfly that looks like an owl.
Snack break since the day was getting long...
To get us out of the cold weather, I had to introduce the indoors area to them. I had been doing so good avoiding this area, but alas, now they know. :) Here was a cool tornado that would form from swirling mist if there was no draft.
Launching paper airplanes.
One of the prototypes for the astronauts. Liam enjoyed seeing the space section.
Callum had a hoot launching cups through an airtube.
Dad was told to try North Carolina's famous BBQ, so we took them to the Pit. Although Mom and I like NC-style BBQ, Joel and Dad prefer a less vinegary sauce.
Our butterfly "Fuzzy" hatched. Unfortunately, it's wing did not dry straight, so it was crippled. I can now add "feeding butterflies" (uncurling it's proboscis with a toothpick so that it will drink sugar water) to my resume.
While Nana read books to Liam...
Papa read to Aiden.
Nana taught Aiden how to play War. But she rigged the deck-- in her favor. ;)
Papa and Liam would build megablock trees, and then take turns being woodcutters...
A favorite meal to make when Nana is around...
Sleigh rides in our little shopping area!
We went to the Sarah Duke Gardens on recommendation. It had lots of potential, and I bet it is super pretty in the spring... not much bluming in December though!
... but it was warm enough outside that the boys stripped down to their undershirts!
They loved the koi pond.
Gingerbread house making, courtesy of TJ,
Our Farmington neighbors... we miss them :)

No comments:
Post a Comment