Monday, July 27, 2009

SSR

Back when I was in junior high, my science teacher made us turn in an "SSR" every week. An abbreviation for "Stop and Smell the Roses", it was a reminder to us to enjoy the everyday blessings in life. They didn't have to be huge, momentous things, but could be as simple as the smell of fresh baked cookies, or a rose in your backyard, a sun rising in the east or the dew-sprinkled grass. Simple little things that bring us pleasure. Reminders of God and reminders to praise Him in the small things, for He is the one that created it all... well, maybe not fresh baked cookies, but he gave us the means to make them and the wisdom to come up with the recipes :)

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created." -Revelations 4:11


For the past week, as I look out in my bedroom window, I have enjoyed some vine that has either grown up the pine from either our or our neighbors yard (I haven't ventured to the side of the house to find out yet). It is so beautiful and has helped bring joy and happiness to my morning to look out and see its large, bright pink blooms among the pine boughs. It's vibrance is refreshing. I like it. :)

What SSR can you enjoy in your life today??

No comments: