
So a couple weeks ago, I was talking with an old friend from high school who just had a baby boy, Caelan Douglas, a month after I gave birth to Liam. We have not seen each other since I got married and when I found out she was only a 6 hour google maps drive away in Lake Geneva, WI visiting family, I couldn't resist driving to visit her so that Liam and Cael could meet each other for the first time! Now I'm not crazy enough (yet) to think about driving, 6 hrs straight, but when I saw that South Bend was right on the way (sorta) to Lake Geneva, thus splitting my 6 hrs into 3 (+), I truly couldn't resist passing up a chance to not only see Heidi, but also Natalie too! The topper was the fact that Joel was going to be at work Thurs-Friday, followed by covering night duty as house officer Fri-Sat (ie I wasn't going to see him for a few days). Thus began my first road trip by myself with baby Liam :)
And as you can see, I survived to blog about it!
(Although it was scary driving through the heart of Chicago, I don't see why tolls exist except to steal my husband's hard-earned money and sometimes its better if you obey where the GPS leads you... sometimes)
Heidi and Cael
Heidi and I in front of a Civil War era home that her uncle has remodeled so beautifully!
The point in the evening at which Heidi and I decided that twins would not be so fun...
Although I don't have pictures of my time in South Bend, it was truly a blast. Not only did I get to hang out with Natalie (and the rest of the fam), but I also got to see Craig, Rachel (and kids), as well as Joel's parents and Ruthie, who were out for a music conference! This was followed a couple days later by a trip with Natalie to the outlets in Michigan City, where we met up with Adam, Whitney and their kids for an afternoon!
And now I'm back to reality, where I must quick "clean" the house before my parents arrive for a week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment