I know I stated in an earlier post that I wouldn't make you work if you come visit me... and I still hold to it. My dad can't sit still and "relax", but must be doing something. It's a work ethic maybe I will have someday. Maybe. Joel was actually worried that my dad wouldn't have anything to do since JV had put in the ceiling fan, as well as installing the bathroom one. Not wanting to disappoint him, after greeting his grandson and getting a tour of the house my dad proceeded to go through the house with notebook and pencil in hand, jotting down what needed to be "fixed". The next week consisted of lights, music (the outlet tester) and the internet going off and on (the reason why I haven't really blogged or even been on the internet lately). Even when my mom and I went to the Holocaust Museum, my dad stayed behind and worked.
It was not all work though, as we did enjoy an evening of the Farmington Hills Choristers at the amphitheater in Heritage Park, as well as a night of put-put golf on Thursday, followed by travelling Friday evening to Leo, Indiana where we stayed at my cousin Jenny Bertsch's house (along with her family- it made for 18 people!!) for a couple of nights, hitting up both the annual Gateway Wood's Sale (a first for my parents) and Leo church in the process.
Zach and Jenny's boy Zion
So now its back to the same ole' life that I'm starting to covet with all the commotion and hulla-ba-loo that has been taking place here lately. I'm looking forward to when I can actually be here for a weekend and hit up my lovely farmer's market. Or listen to the Friday night concerts downtown, or at least in my own backyard... but for now, I'm gonna do laundry, organize some more and prepare myself mentally (while trying to rest and recoup physically) for my trip (con Liam, sans Joel) down to Ohio this weekend for my cousin Julie Rufener's baptism.Oh, by the way... for the past few days (ever since Joel made mention of their ordeal to me) Jordan and Katelyn Schroeder have been on my mind/in my heart, and thus constantly in my prayers. I don't know them personally, but do you really need to know them in order to pray for them?! If you are reading my blog, I know that you have the extra few minutes to pray for them too, so please do-- and add them to your prayer list too. I have been wondering what in the world I would do if I found out today Joel had incurable cancer. It's unfathomable. So please pray for their family. If you want more information, their blog is http://www.jkschroeder.blogspot.com

1 comment:
your dad sounds like mine :)
I love it when he comes to visit. Everything gets fixed.
We had this light in our old apartment that in order to turn it on a switch in the kitchen had to be turned on too. My dad came to visit and had it fixed in 5 minutes.
OH! I saw your mom in Phoenix... she said to take care of Liam for her but I haven't even seen him since then :( and you're gone this weekend too.... next weekend????
Post a Comment