
I think (hope) weekend travelling is done... at least for a little while. I'm excited to finally go to Detroit church this coming weekend, since its been almost 2 months since I was last there! But I must say, it is fun visiting other people (I hope my husband is not rubbing off on me too much!) and spending time with friends. On Thursday, I thought I might actually remain in Michigan instead of travelling down to Ohio for the weekend because I was not feeling well. But by resting most of Friday, and then Joel discovering that he wouldn't have to work this past weekend (yay!) kind of sealed the deal and Saturday morning we both took off to Ohio to visit family and friends. After a quick stop at my Aunt Janice's, we headed over to the house that is being remodeled so that my cousin Joy can move in. It is an amazingly old home, and I can't wait to see how it looks when they are finished with it. It also has a beautiful view from the front (although its in the back?!) porch!

Then it was off to Jon and Kelly Zollinger's house. It has been practically a year since we saw them last, and Joel has been just itching to get over there and hang with them since he missed the opportunity when we were out there last fall. We also got to meet little Peyton for the first time :) Unfortunately, we couldn't stay long before we headed over to Isaac and Brittany Steiner's for dinner/night. It is actually quite funny how we met Isaac and Brittany. When we were out last fall, Joel met Isaac one Sunday and mentioned how we were from Phoenix and he should come visit sometime... well a month later he got a call from Isaac "Rufener" (in my husband's defense, he had been taking a nap at the time, so he wasn't quite all there) asking if him and his wife could stay at our place for a week in December. Joel figured it was one of my relatives, but for the next few days we were trying to figure out who he was. After much sleuthing with my parents and aunt and other friends out there, we deduced it was really Isaac Steiner... which didn't really change anything, and what a blast we had when they came out!
Sunday was a blessing not only with the baptisms (that Liam did not let me see), but Blake Widmer was there (and Matt too :), so we were able to spend a short time with them. With all these highlights, one must experience some embarassing moments too, right?! Well, I had my first as a mother (and I'm certain not my last), when I replied to the church usher after he asked me if I was looking for somebody, that I had lost my baby, who can't even crawl yet! (This was the result of being in a large church with lots of relatives, one of whom just took the baby into church with him since my husband, who was supposed to have the baby that afternoon, had been deep in conversation (what a surprise, right?!). Never a dull moment... but I'm looking forward to maybe having just a few this week!
Jordan and Joy's "new" home
Joel, B and Liam :)
A game of "corn hole" (aka bean bag toss) with Matt
Trisha D with Liam enjoying the fresh air together
No comments:
Post a Comment