Saturday, Tom and Cindy were gracious enough to ask us to hang out with the rest of their family at their lake house in Lake Columbia. We had a wonderful day of kayaking, jet-skiing, wakeboarding and just having fellowship with the Hitz family and the Plattners. People shot off fireworks, but it doesn't get dark til way late, so most of them that we saw were as we were driving home that night (it would have been too late to stay for the fireworks over the lake).
Sunday, reality set in in terms of "call". I didn't see my husband all day, and we were invited to Scott and Jamie's for dinner along with some other families for the 4th. Joel was able to get off, and meet us there at 6:30pm... he had been working over 12 hours straight, with not even enough time to grab a bite to eat! I am so thankful he was at least able to spend almost two hours there with us though, before he was called back in for another 3 hours. When he got home, he was so wiped, but right when he was about to go to bed... guess what?! Yup, another ER call, and off he was again! At least after this last three hour stint, he didn't get any more calls! I am so impressed with him though... I admire him so much for all that he does for us, and he never complained once!

2 comments:
Hey Amber, I agree, the home call shifts are bittersweet. Clint was on call Friday-Tuesday and Tuesday night was exceptionally painful :) Love you guys, hopefully we'll get to see each other sometime soon.
We enjoyed being with you guys on Saturday and hope we can do it again sometime! (hopefully I won't be so tired the next time):)
Heather
Post a Comment