Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Liam's First Words

Well, apparently he is going to take after his Daddy and be a real talker ;)
He chats a lot all day, and it is real cute, because he even uses inflections and tones with his voice.
Based off his a few of his first real words though, you can definitely tell he is all boy!

1. Mama (or Mom/Ma)
2. Dada
3. "Chuck" (truck) which is followed by a humming sound of a vehicle
4. "Cah" (car) which is followed by a "vroom vroom"
5. "Ahrpwah" (airplane)... this one is a little harder to distinguish, but you can tell what he means because he is pointing up in the air the whole time.

Everything else usually has to do with food. He knows the signs for "eat", "more" and "all done", but somehow with him, they are all synonymous with eating more food; corresponding with these nonverbal signs are a few verbal "gar"s and "dat"s.

He definitely also has the praying down (because that comes before food, obviously), his goodbyes, bumps, high-fives, "love you"s (which when he does it looks more like a one handed 'peace out'), baths, and showing people how strong he is (even throwing in the "grrr" as he flexes).

He is growing up so quickly I don't know quite what to do with myself, except thank my Lord for the blessing of being his mommy and hoping I don't blink, because I know I will miss something!

**Addendum- I stand corrected. Liam does say other words, such as "nana", "ball", "dog", "uh-uh" (uh-oh) and "duck" (which means any bird he sees- the result of me reinforcing 'duck' so much from when we were at the park one day). Also, if you ask him what a dog, cat or cow says, he will respond with the proper sounds. :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Awwww! This post totally made me smile... Liam is such a cutie! :)