So a couple weeks ago, I was walking through the gate to go the backyard from the front. I noticed a small plant, that had leaves that looked like some type of vine. As there are many things growing everywhere at my house, I didn't pay too much attention.
Yesterday, as I was leaving my house, I happened to notice one of my small trees had fallen over, I made a mental note to set it by the side of the road later that evening for trash pickup. When I walked back along the side of the house, I discovered that the tree hadn't just "fallen" over, but had been pulled down and uprooted by the now enormous squash-looking vine. This is so crazy to me, as I have not planted any vine this year (my mother in law said I had no room in my garden for such a beast, and by the looks of this thing, she was right!), and a month ago, this plant didn't exist. Although it is flowering, I don't know if it will fruit so late in the season, but I'm curious to see what will come forth. This area doesn't get a whole lot of sun though, so my curiosity might all be for naught.
To help peak your curiosity to the level of mine, I thought why not make this a little contest of sorts? So I figured I would maybe give a $5 Target gift card to the winner who correctly guesses what my plant will become (Sorry it's not much, but my husband just paid for some surgical equipment and a conference, and until he is reimbursed by the hospital, we must watch the budget- but since this could be a little while until we find out the answer, maybe I will surprise the winner with an increased amount!). If more the one person guesses the correct answer, I'll just randomly choose from them. Since there is no guarantee the flowers will even fruit, you can also guess that we will never know. The little giveaway will end when I discover what the plant is! I included a couple more pictures below for all you botanists that would want an upclose shot of leaves/flowers with a possible fruition(?)
Happy Guessing! :)
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I guess pumpkin! : )
HI, Amber! I'm guessing acorn squash. Good luck!
ill guess Spaghetti squash if this contest is even still going since I noticed it was way back in august:).
Post a Comment