Though I didn't get to attend. So I guess it's just hearsay. I'm super bummed to have missed them though, but I am grateful my son decided to take a 4 1/2 hour nap and catch up on his sleep! I caught a ride with Tom H, who was heading down anyways for some world relief meetings (He also wanted to rub it in anyways that he was able to have his cousin's grandchild in his vehicle). The next few days was just hanging out with all my wonderful relatives again. Even though we had just been down here a couple weekends ago, I really didn't get to spend too much time with my cousins, but this trip I was not only able to spend time with them, but also their new spouses! My dad also flew out (along with some ministers from Phoenix and Magdalena), and my aunt Janice had a packed house this weekend, what with her family, my dad, my in-laws, my aunt Jane and me!
For his part, Liam did really well this trip. He napped in the car rides, and loved playing and getting spoiled by all my cousins. I think his favorite part was getting his own blueberry yogurt cone- a treat from both grandpas!
So much for trying to limit this kid's sugar intake!
fresh sweet corn- this is becoming a summertime favorite for Liam!
road rage- reminds me of his Auntie Katie
his first time driving a combine ;)
unfortunately, its a case
the epitome of comfort while shopping with Kelly and I
On the way back, Tom and I stopped in a small town outside of Toledo. There, we met Joel and we went out to dinner with Dr. Rudolph, a Haitian doctor that Joel worked with down at Bonne Fin hospital. I was able to meet his wife and little son and we all went out for chinese food together. I think Joel, Tom and Dr. Rudolph enjoyed catching up again, but the highlight of that evening was when Daniel, the son of the administrator that used to run the Bonne Fin hospital walked in to the restaurant and sat at a table near ours! It is truly amazing how God works- here this boy had been traveling from Canada back to school in Georgia, decided he was hungry at 10pm, got off the highway, past other fast food restaurants and 2 Chinese places that were near the street, to go 1/4 mile off the road to ours to get food!

3 comments:
Did they pick the combine up at the Leo Sale? I didn't know you had a preference for John Deere? Where did you get that?
Liam looks like Joel in the picture with the sweet corn (I think so anyway).
just checking
checking 2
Post a Comment