Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gateway

The Lemon Shake-Up Stand.
As is tradition, they auctioned off the last one
... it sold for $750.
I think my husband is rubbing off on me. I cannot in any other way figure out how in the world I am carrying on such a busy lifestyle- and this being without him!

Anyways, this past weekend was the annual Gateway Woods Auction in Leo. Since we have been traveling the past few weekends (and are planning on continuing this routine the next few weekends), I figured why not hit up the Leo sale on one condition- I would not be driving! Randy Gasser happened to ask whether or not I was planning on being a med resident widow last weekend (which I was) and told me that if I wanted a ride, there would be room for Liam and I in their vehicle. I was grateful for the offer and took them up on it. So we headed down Friday night, and returned Saturday evening. (And Joel really wasn't home at all while I was gone, so I didn't miss too much :)

It was fun being at the sale again. I am sure I definitely did not enjoy it as much as my husband would have, but I know he was well-missed, as most everybody asked me whether he was there, and I saw so many disappointed faces when they were told that he wasn't. Some highlights were definitely seeing Amy, Kaits, B and Megs, as well as all my lovely Phoenix friends that I have missed so much! The weekend was a little bit rougher on Liam, as he had too much fun with Brady to really nap in the vehicle, and playing with the "new" toys at the Stieglitz's to want to sleep Friday night, but eventually my little boy tuckered out at the end of the auction and was able to salvage a short nap- the rest of the day he lived on everyone's attention, his mommy's arms, softserve, and the lemon shakeups!

Watching firetrucks with Brady on youtube.

 Great Advertisement.
Set up a sand/water toy and allow the kids to play with it, before you auction it off!

It was great seeing Uncle B who is on a brief vacation from Jamaica!

 Megan, Natalie and I :)

He fell asleep towards the end of the auction, and was able to sleep to the very end-
the Settlers game that sold for over $300!

Rested up, he decided he needed a cool "refresher"-
one of Randy's diet coke's did the trick!













No comments: