This post was originally typed up the day after our "blizzard"... but since I'm anal retentive when it comes to these things, I can't have it posting before my Thanksgiving and Christmas pictures...
We officially survived our first blizzard :)
Actually, I'm not sure if it even ended up being a blizzard, because it didn't really hit til nightfall. We were supposed to get up to 18" of snow in a 24 hour period... we probably only got about 9". Not enough to make it to the top 5 greatest snowfalls for our area (I think we needed 13"), but definitely enough for this Phoenix girl!
It was kind of strange seeing it piled up so high outside our sliding doors. When Joel got home, him and Liam went out to play in it together (Joel was disappointed, because it was perfect snowboarding conditions- which he wasn't able to take advantage of... but terrible snowman-making conditions!) Mom and I just confined ourselves indoors all day long!
I had every intention of going out there while Liam was napping and slowly shoveling away the snow (with my congestion, I've been too weak to start the snowblower... sigh), but our wonderful neighbor did our drive, walkway and sidewalks for us! :)
And Joel even had a light day of work, because people were told to stay off the roads... so all's well that end's well!
Sorry the pictures are so lousy. And its mostly their backs... I wasn't willing to tramp out into the snow at night to take decent quality ones!
Joel made me a heart :)
I told him to climb the tree so I could have an aerial shot, but apparently that's where his love ends...;)
I told him to climb the tree so I could have an aerial shot, but apparently that's where his love ends...;)
The snow looks shallow in this area, because Liam refused to walk further then a couple of feet from the back door
Trying to make a snowball just like Daddy!
Joel's snow angel
Liam's snow angel
Less then amused
He got sick of the snow and thought he would start shoveling some of it away instead. A losing battle.

No comments:
Post a Comment