Saturday we headed up to a resident's home for a fun little cookout, followed by fireworks over Wolverine Lake. Liam learned how to roast hotdogs and marshmallows over the
fire, tried his first s'more, and thoroughly enjoyed watching round two of fireworks (round one was Friday night, after the Tigers game). Aiden was awake most of the evening, but didn't get scared from the loud noises of the town's fireworks (or the even louder noises from the neighbors shooting theirs off...).
Wide-eyed baby watching the fireworks...
My boys... :)
Pointing out the different colored fireworks to Matt
Showing post-fireworks love for baby brother
Making a s'more for Mommy
Liam: "more please"
Mommy: "s'more of what?"
Liam: "s'more!!"
This proud new daddy already has skills!
Aiden was awake the whole time I had him, and when Matt took him so I could eat a piece of his wife's cake, he fell right asleep!
Aiden was awake the whole time I had him, and when Matt took him so I could eat a piece of his wife's cake, he fell right asleep!
I'm so thankful for the wonderful family and friends God has given us, as well as the freedom to have fun and enjoy all that He has created (and given us the ability to create!). May we remember this freedom everyday... not only the freedom to worship and live in a free country, but also the freedom we have in Christ!

No comments:
Post a Comment