Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bookworm

So the library has a summer reading program.

I signed Liam up for it, since he has me read books to him each day. Supposedly it's supposed to take the whole summer for kids to accomplish all the required amount of reading time, to win various prizes and free books.


It took us two weeks.

I'd say my child loves books. But that's a good thing, so I'm not complaining :)



Speaking of free books. I was told this a year ago by someone, but I can't remember who (Natalie, was it you?!) but Dolly Parton desires kids to be encouraged to read so much, that she has started a foundation that gives children a free book each month until the age of 5. It took me over a year to remember to sign up for this program, but I just signed both of the boys up a few days ago. 

Just wanted to throw it out there for the rest of you that may not have heard of it before... 



Disclaimer: I'm not sure what books they will send (besides this list I found through a google search), but personally, I figure that it would be awful of me to waste an opportunity to get a few free books, and if I don't approve of whatever it's content is, I'm sure my local library or goodwill will love a new book too! :)


No comments: