So I was headed upstairs last night with a load of laundry, when I met my son bounding down the stairs saying, "spoon. Daddy. ice cream!"
(Yes, you should have figured out by now that some of us speak like cavemen in this house. And even sadder that others are bilingual in this language).
So we went back upstairs, where I confirmed that, yes, indeed, my husband had given my son permission to share his soy ice cream with his Daddy, so long as he had his own spoon (something about mutated viral germs not being passed from the original host to his wife and progeny). So Liam and I headed back downstairs... him to get his spoon, and me to make sure he didn't get anything else out in the process.
And that's when this smarty-pants of a Momma got a great idea... and let's just say you should have seen how wide my son's eyes became when I pulled out a large serving/mixing spoon. And how big of a grin he got, as it slowly processed in his mind what exactly a large spoon meant. And how cute it sounded when he whispered in awe... "big spoon. more ice cream."
After grabbing my camera and a smaller spoon as well (just in case his Daddy balked at the big one), we were off back upstairs. And this is what enfolded...

No comments:
Post a Comment