Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's Day

Well, it's been almost a week since V-Day, so I figured I'd throw out a little blip about it... about the same amount of blip that made it onto the Virkler radar this year. Actually, Joel did a decent job remembering (after I informed him it was the 14th not the 18th as he thought). He bought me a cute H&Y card that not only talks but moves too. The boys love it. :) Even better, he ditched the roses, orchid, carnations, tulips, etc this year and got me an original Chick-fil-A sandwich. Yes, after 5 years of marriage, he finally knows the way to this girl's heart!!

And then he was paged. Ha! You see, he was on call. And he might have been able to spend it at home, except his pager wasn't working. Thus, my husband spent the evening/night/wee morning hours before he had to go back to work at the hospital just in case they needed him since they couldn't reach him.

Romantic, huh?!

Good thing we aren't into V-Day too much in this house. :)

Needless to say we partied on Wednesday. By partying, I mean we went to a coffee house (that serves alcohol?!) on Harbour Island for a playdate with other Tampa women (Joel found out about it from a girl named Devin he randomly met on the riverwalk last week) and after meeting the local meteorologist (we had no idea who "Brooks Garner" was until we saw him on tv at the coffee shop an hour after we met him!), we headed next door to an Italian restaurant for dinner. Ideally a nice dinner would mean getting to talk about marriage, our lives, what God's teaching us, etc... but when you have two kids (one who was so excited about the playdate that he didn't take an afternoon nap)... well, let's just say I was in a rush to get back out that door!

I told Joel this is why we need to live near family.

One word.

Babysitters. :)  Ha!




1 comment:

Jamie Bahr said...

You can call me family...I'll babysit if you promise to stick around MI :) OK, I'd babysit even if you don't promise that.