Monday, April 23, 2012

A Birthday Prayer

So technically my sister was the first person to wish me a "happy birthday" on my actual true birthday, as the earlier church party, she said, didn't count, and my husband and I went to bed at 1130pm.

But I didn't receive her well wishes until after my son decided to give me his birthday present.

And thus, I was woken at 4am, when he came coughing (he's had a cough for the past month it seems; I figured I'd check into nebulisers next week, when we were back up north.) so he came inside and snuggled in bed with me. Then proceeded to cough and vomit phlegm on me. His cough sounded shorter and more abrupt then his usual empty hack, and he was having difficulty breathing from his nasal drainage, so I picked him up and took him out to go blow his nose... Where he proceeded to vomit multiple times on the kitchen floor (thank you, Jesus, for making an easy cleanup!)

His frequent cough had an alarming sound to it. So I awoke the doctor to get the diagnosis I had suspected... Either croup or pertussis.

My son doesn't seem to mind yet. Even he had diagnosed himself, as he crawled along the floor, saying "I'm a dog... [hack hack]... Hear me Mommy, I'm barking... [hack hack]!"

Sheesh.

Despite such a serious prognosis, you can't help but smile.

He has since lost some energy, and is contentedly sitting on the couch, with warm "honey lemonade" and a DVD. Except for the drainage that he no longer likes to blow out (it makes him short of breath), his laboured breathing and his occasional cough (that has already lessened- which I believe is due to my prayer warriors already beseeching the Lord on my child's behalf), he appears to be alright for now.

And thus, we come to the title of this post.

If you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for our family's health this morning, I would be grateful! Thus far, Aiden seems to be doing fine, but I am rejoicingly thankful that the baby seems miraculously healthy thus far and that this came up before moving day (Thursday).

Thanks in advance for your prayers!

1 comment:

Jamie Bahr said...

Happy Birthday! So sorry that it had to start that way. What a yucky diagnosis. We will pray for great health and a smooth trip home. Can't wait to have you back!