We are now, the
Can you believe I actually had to google "minivan" to see what was the correct form of spelling?!
Yeah, I had disassociated myself from them that much.
Yeah, I had disassociated myself from them that much.
Actually, one of us is quite proud. He has thanked God for his new "van" since we went as a family to take a look at it a few days ago. He wanted to know if we could borrow it and I told him we had to buy it, which he said we could do. I told him Daddy would have to give the guy a lot of money. He said that was ok too. (Note to self: teach child budgeting when he reaches appropriate age :)
He was so thrilled when I told him we would buy it, that he was even willing to share it with a friend's child I was watching while she gave birth. He couldn't understand when the two-year old didn't share his enthusiasm.
And apparently, a van can fix all ills. Joel was frustrated when he couldn't remove my license plate from my vehicle to put on the van (I told him this was God telling me to keep driving the maxima-- he just scoffed). Liam came out and I told him his Daddy was upset. He told Joel to sit inside the van, because it would make him happy again. Daddy said a "hug" would make him happy, but Liam replied that the van would make him more happy-- and he was even willing to sit inside the van with his Daddy!
And today, he was elated to help his Daddy "fix" the van (aka make screw holes for the license plate... apparently it's a common thing to have the screws rust into the vehicle holes). When I showed him a bit of rust, he thought maybe we ought to put a band-aid on it so that the van wouldn't cry and be sad.
Yes, it has taken on human characteristics, and it's only day 2. Yikes.
So while one of us is overjoyed for our new "familial mode of transportation" as my husband refers to it, the other two of us are at peace with the fact that we have a minivan, because really, it means that we are in the process of fulfilling God's first commandment in Genesis 1:28 to be fruitful and multiply. And really, in a day and age where it is shocking and almost looked down upon to have so many children (I was frequently met with shock that we thought of having more then 2 children)... well, maybe we will one day drive our minivan with pride. ;)

2 comments:
Well it sure is a cute one ;) Congratulations on the baby on the way! :)
welcome to the world of vans...your humility will quickly realize how utterly nonsensical your pride was-they are SO PRACTICAL!
:)
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment