Monday, May 6, 2013

Signs You are Loved


You know you are loved, when your pack-n-play bassinet (yes, Mommy is lazy and 2ft is the most ideal location of separation during the night nursing sessions) is filled with items such as (from L to R)...

- "Pug". Your son's favorite stuffed animal from a friend in Sarasota, and usually an essential item in his bed at night.
- A bottle of milk. Most likely retrieved by little hands from the refrigerator before it could be bagged and frozen.
- Alphabet Blanket. Again, another essential that has been transferred from crib to bed. Given by a dear friend on our eldest son's 1st birthday.
- A toy pig. Thrown into the crib by a little hand to keep one company in case they were to get bored.
- A wet washcloth. Yes, this one may be kind of strange, but to say Aiden loves wet washcloths would be a huge understatement. If I don't get him one in the beginning of the day, guarantee I will have to watch out that he isn't climbing up the hall closet shelves to retrieve one himself. Kind of like a security blanket, he carries it everywhere. Yes, it's nothing like hearing a fellow customer at TJ tell you, "honey, your son dropped his little blank... um, I mean washcloth?!" as your son is hysterically beginning to point behind you with his usual verbal grunts.
- A book. Gotta start him young and train him right on loving his construction vehicles. :)

Not sure who gave what (though I have strong suspicions), but this is how he was a couple of mornings ago when I went upstairs an hour after I put him down for a nap. I'm a bit thankful the book isn't too near his head, as that was carried around by the younger son just a couple hours before, who tends to chuck things into the bassinet (since it's above eye level). They may smother him sometimes, but they definitely love him! We are so very blessed.

1 comment:

L, Ann and boys said...

That is so so cute. :) I'm glad the wet washcloth isn't on his head either...could have shortened that nap considerably.