I just learned this yesterday at BSF, and since it was news to me, I thought it might be news to some of you... so I thought I'd share.
Did you know Amazon has a way to donate a (very small) portion of your purchase to the charity of your choice? Yes, it's hardly anything, but if you shop a lot on Amazon, I'm sure it would eventually add up. :)
And it's super easy... instead of going to "www.amazon.com", you go to "www.smile.amazon.com". Seriously, that's it. In the beginning, it will ask you to pick out the charity of your choice, and then it reminds you to just make sure you always type in that key word "smile" first before shopping, and it will donate the money. After you select your choice, it looks exactly like the normal Amazon website, with the exception that up at the top of the screen, you will see that it says "Supporting:_____" ...
... so there you go!
I just know that with the more children I get, the more I avoid most stores like the plague (my husband was kind enough to even offer to do a return for me today on his way home from work- LOVE!) ... Liam laments that he hasn't even visited this mall's "snack area" or "playground" yet. :) Long story short, I have a feeling that unless it can come from Target, I most likely will be shopping on sites like Amazon. And it might be minimal, but I know that my charity will be getting at least a bit more of my money then otherwise... Just make sure you are still donating to your charities and aren't replacing it with Amazon shopping! ;)
Friday, November 14, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment