"Do you think I will need any nails or screws?"
So thankful for God's providence once again in all of this! Joel had just got home 10 minutes earlier, and knew exactly what had happened (even without bones sticking out!) when he saw his arm. He knew who to call to figure out the best place to take him. When I wasn't hearing anything from his end, and didn't want to bug him, I could bug Danya (who happens to be an upper extremity fellow), and she was able to tell me what all was going on and she was able to confirm Joel's hypothesis on how bad the break was (minimally angulated), that it wouldn't be painful once reduced (which is exactly what Liam stated afterwards), and how to take care of him (which I'm sure my husband would've done too eventually). Most of all, I'm thankful for God's grace in this all, as I had been amazed just a few hours earlier, how God had turned a crummy, depressing day into one filled with peace and joy. I guess he was prepping me for this. :)
Not sure what we will do about long sleeve shirts with the cold weather now here, and Liam was a bit bummed they didn't have green (although he cheerfully said he liked blue too), but these are so minor and I'm so thankful... I'm also thankful we just had Christmas pictures taken the weekend before ;)
**And, for those of you who were being prayer warriors for Joel's oral boards back in mid-October... he passed with awesome scores! Yay! Praise God!! So thankful that even though his studies never end (as he preps for cases, reviews new research, etc), the major testing is done until a yr into practice!!!**
For Part 1, see... http://javirkler.blogspot.com/2013/03/you-know-your-sons-daddy-is-ortho.html

1 comment:
awww, sweet baby boy. I hope he mends quickly. :)
Post a Comment