Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Visit from "Uncle" Katie

My sister just left today after being here for a very short week. They boys already miss her... Liam was just about determined to fly home with her (perhaps this is good news, since my dad may take him back for a week) and Aiden, because he realizes he will no longer be spoiled and have her wrapped around his finger!

Even though she definitely was able to get her baby-fill, holding Aiden each day, she somehow managed to entertain Liam and be his "favorite" aunt by reading him books, playing legos, sidewalk chalk, and tea time with him, while also treating him to smoothies, ice cream at Rebecca's, Reese's cupcakes, his very own tunnel, and monkeys at the zoo!

As usual, I took way too many pictures, but here are a few more then you would ever ask for from the various things we did... 

The tunnel Katie bought him from BBB


Showing Katie what the Cat [and the Cupcake] does at the gym



Northville's Farmers Market so Katie could purchase GHB.
Someone asked which stand we picked the boys up in :)

Decorating Reese's Pieces Cupcakes... YUM!!

My husband's face upon finding out they weren't GF

Discovering the peanut butter frosting...

A few of the cupcakes to which the "lawnmower man" was grateful for :)




That's the face of someone who put more "m&m's" in his mouth then on the cupcake :)

Katie: "What's that say?"
Liam: "L-I-A-M... Liam!!"

Our house temporarily turned into a bumper car rink

Teamwork: One draws the train, the other draws the tracks

Once again, not thrilled with his "dirty hands"


Yup, my kid is a genius! ;)
This actually was a good test to see what letters I haven't taught him yet...
I'm down to 7...
that's what I get for not teaching them in order...
at least he knows the alphabet song :)

The best I could get of the three of them at the zoo



Someone was a bit intimidated by the dinosaurs
and did NOT ever want his back to them.
I guess we know who will survive if Jurassic Park ever takes place :)

Liam said this dinosaur was "Daddy"...

 ... and the more ferocious one, twice the size was "Mommy"
Not sure if that is a compliment or not?!







Liam's 3 favorite parts of the zoo were...

1. the ducks

2. the sprinklers

3. the seals

 This is the kangaroo and joey that I would have got a picture of hopping right next to my son, if I didn't have to hold him back from getting run over!
The lady said that they never hop that close to people. Another cool thing that we learned... did you know a joey is born the size of a lima bean and travels up to its mother's pouch where it grows for the next 8 months?? Cool, huh :)

Corn roast at Farmington's Farmers Market 

The beach at Kensington 







 Tea Time
(btw... I did NOT dress him that day :)




THANKS FOR COMING AND VISITING US, KATIE!!

1 comment:

Jamie Bahr said...

Is Uncle Katie coming out again to make those Reese cupcakes when you serve lunch again?! YUM!