Monday, August 20, 2012

August Weekends

Joel has had the first few weekends in August off of work (if you don't count him staying up all night at the DMC this past Friday night, and getting home an hour before he ran a 10k...)

So what do weekends off look like??

Well, we definitely keep busy...

WEEKEND #1
We head to Leo for the GW Sale, and a lovely (too short) visit with Uncle B and Aunt Tashi


And eat some of Joel's favorite... froyo (or sorbet for those boys) with all the toppings!

Then it's off to Jon and Beth Ringger's home to see their newest addition, Josiah!



... And watch Josiah celebrate his first birthday!

 I love this picture, because all the kids were told to sit on the red line... notice how Liam obeyed, while still sitting as close to "Mike" (one of many names he called Jon and Beth) as possible


WEEKEND #2
 Botsford Advocates Golfing... what a blessing to have Christian friendships!!



The only (and blurry) picture I got of the intern ortho party. It was chilly in the evening, so Liam ran around in one of Khoa and Emily's UA shirt. Fit perfectly ;)


WEEKEND #3
 Second weekend in a row for Botsford Advocate events... and this time it was a road race to support the Oakland County Special Olympics team. Joel and I were to both run the 5k...


 But he decided to opt for the 10k at the starting line, so with my IT band injury, I decided to just do the 1k with Liam. After pushing both boys up the hill in the stroller, I let him run the rest of the way...

 "Mommy, I'm racing!" "I'm running fast, Mommy!"
Please don't judge me for the jeans... it was chilly that morning, and he was supposed to stay in the stroller for our supposed 5k...

He won a medal at the end :) 

 This is what Aiden and Mommy go to road races for... the food at the end :)

 Our lovely cheer squad!

My son has the running itch! After finishing, he wanted to go and find Daddy to run with him. I told him we'd wait til Joel was near the end. So he got to finish twice!

2 comments:

L, Ann and boys said...

so cute =) love it that Liam got a medal

AnRene

forever fancy said...

Wow! I made this post twice! :o)
We feel blessed by your friendship and I am so glad that we have seen so much of each other this month!
Sorry you had to endure my crazy outfit at the golf event...but I finally felt warm and had dry feet! If busy months include me getting to see you and your family, may they continue! :o)