Friday, August 30, 2013

A look at Psalms 23 from the view of a 4-yr old...

Random conversation when Liam woke up this morning...



Liam: "Mommy. What does Psalms 23 say?"

Although I could say it by heart, I chose to pull out the Bible, help him look it up and then we "looked" at it together. I read it to him, explaining it as we went along...

Me: "We should memorize this chapter."

 "No, 'cause it's really looooong."

"Well, it is long. But, if we take verse by verse, you can memorize it. I know you will be able to memorize it, because you've memorized lots of Bible verses already!"

 "Ok!"

"So, the first verse says, 'The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want.' Can you repeat that for me?"

"The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want."

"One more time, please."
"The Lord is my Shepherd. ...That means Jesus is our Shepherd!"

"Yes it does. And what does a shepherd do?"

"He takes care of his sheep."

"Very good! So if we are calling Jesus our shepherd, what is David saying we are?"

"But, I'm not a sheep, because I'm not an animal!! I'm a child of God!"

"You know what, you are right. You are not an animal. And don't you ever forget it! And you are a child of God too. David was just using an analogy, because he was saying that we need to follow God and trust Him like the sheep follow their shepherd."

"I'm not a sheep. Jesus is the sheep!"

"He is?"

 "Yeah, he's the Lamb of God! He's  a Shepherd and a Sheep!"

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Out of the mouth of babes! How beautiful & amazing what he can put together!