No doubt about it. (Not that I ever did doubt you).
Not only do you put up with my blog, it's ramblings and heaps of pictures tossed at you... but you guys pray for me. For us.
How do I know??
Well, two days ago, I posted in Callum's update that...
"Refuses to be spoon-fed any longer, and unless he is absolutely starving, won't except it. But is picky with what he will eat. It has to be the perfect texture. Unless they are crackers, he won't eat grains. Doesn't care for fruit besides kiwi, pears and applesauce (he loves strawberries, but they give him a rash), loved sweet potatoes pureed but refuses to eat them steamed in chunks. Likes carrots (sometimes) and green beans. Doesn't like meat, but enjoys kidney beans (not pinto, black nor cannellini)... loves dairy (cheese and yogurt). ... And you wonder why I'm exhausted! "
And as always, I continued to try to feed him, and as always he continued to reject. And then yesterday evening happened. And he ate his normal green beans. And quinoa.
Quinoa?!?!
You mean that stuff even a lot of grownups scoff at? And that stuff that he has rejected- both homemade and storebought? Yup.
And he even let me feed him... with a spoon.
Yes. I was in shock and awe. Figured starvation must've completely set in. I was hypocritically praising God with my mouth while mentally chalking it up to being a fluke.
But this morning, he ate crepes. A whole one (like 7 inches across). And half a banana. Both quite shocking. And this afternoon he ate cannellini beans. And at dinner he ate pasta. And a few bites of hamburger.
I'm pretty much at a loss for words. Unless a mental switch was flipped when he turned 367 days old, there is no other way for me to account for this besides prayer for us on your behalf. As I was flabbergasted, the Lord reminded me of the following...
James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Thank you for being my prayer warriors out there. Both for the big things like our upcoming move to North Carolina, Joel's boards, marriage, parenting, etc etc... and the little things- like my son's eating habits. I didn't even ask, and yet some of you stood in the gap for me. Thank you.
I am humbled.

No comments:
Post a Comment