Part I is done. Part II will come in the fall. Then Part III after practice begins.
But the two questions I've been asked most have been:
1. How did he do??
2. Does this mean you have your husband back??
I figured I might as well answer it on the blog. It might save me and you some time ;)
1... Ummm. We don't know. Yes, it was a computerized test, but although all the DO orthos took the test, the test itself stated it could be "several months" before the results are returned. Why? Because they are lazy... jk! I'm not quite sure, especially in a day and age where it seems so many things are instantaneous. I guess it's to give us a lesson in patience-- which you can never have too many of those! But also, if too many people get a question wrong, I think they go over the question, determine whether it was written "fairly", and if they decide it wasn't, they toss it out. It helps out the curve a little bit, especially since the bottom % automatically fail.
A couple other answers to questions that were related to the test... It was a pass/fail test. No, I'm not sure what would happen if a person failed. I'm guessing take it again, but as the test is approximately two thousand dollars, I don't want that to be us (let alone losing the husband/dad again for an even longer amount of time!).
2... Yes!!! And we are so excited about it!! No, it doesn't mean he's with us all the time now, but it does mean that we are breezing to the end a lot easier. He still has to study for cases, read up, and work on presentations for his peers both here and abroad and sometimes has long OR days and call nights- but we are so blessed to have him spend time eating dinner for more then 10 minutes (if that!) with us ;)
So how did we celebrate?
Chris and his family, Danya, and our family went out to a local restaurant to celebrate, followed by frozen yogurt! And while Lindsay and I "monitored" seven children wired with sugar, the orthos talked about all the questions on the test...
... it could be a long "several months" if they keep that up ;)
And as an extra celebration, Joel broke the news to me tonight that our closing date was bumped up to Friday afternoon-- I'm excited, but it's not exactly what I wanted to hear when I am recovering from one trip and preparing for another!

No comments:
Post a Comment