
Many of you that know me know that my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Don't get me wrong, I love Easter and Christmas, but it seems like Satan has gone out of his way to commercialize those holidays a little bit too much, trying to distract us from it's true meaning. Thanksgiving on the other hand has all the blessings of those other holidays (if we choose to remember and be thankful for Christ's birth and resurrection) and yet, you can't commercialize it more then the turkey and maybe a pilgrim and Indian (both which are debatable in secular society, so they don't like to include them anyways!)... besides, if you were to dwell on them, they just go back to some of the first settlers thanking God for all that He had given to them. I think that's why people have focused so much on Halloween, and then the stores automatically switch over and gear towards Christmas (some before Halloween has even taken place)!!
Anyways, I've always wanted to focus more upon Thanksgiving, and indeed, I've tried to incorporate it more in my older son's life in little forms or another (I'll get more to that later). So just as I've tried to put a greater emphasis on it in my family's life, I thought it would be great to do it on my blog (my Advocate friend, Faye reminded me of this when she mentioned she was doing it). So here it goes...
My countdown to Thanksgiving!
Please note that they are in no specific order! Since October kind of flew by and November skipped in far too quickly this year, I will go back to the previous posts (since I just happened to post each day thus far), and just add a little blip that kind of correlated with that day's post. :)
I encourage you all, even if you don't do a Thanksgiving countdown, to try to remember all that God has blessed you with each and every day!

No comments:
Post a Comment