Today, I'm thankful for...
Moms Connection.
Although I've never been to MOPS (my plate is already too full!), I think it is a similar concept, but without the babysitter! The young mothers in our church get together every month for breakfast and either a talk or an activity- sometimes both. If it is a talk, we usually have an older woman sharing with us some of her knowledge (e.g- card writing, hosting, prayer, etc), thereby exemplifying the Titus 2 concept. Activities also vary... sometimes it's decorating Christmas cookies to celebrate Jesus' birthday, or making Valentine's cards to hand out to residents at Woodhaven. Today, we wrapped 30 Christmas boxes for inner city Detroit children. We filled them with food, drinks, clothing, toys and toiletries. The kids colored cards.
I'm so thankful for this group, as it has just been one more way to help me become plugged-in up here in Michigan, and a great way to get to know some wonderful, godly women!


No comments:
Post a Comment