Today I'm gonna cheat a little bit. I'm not just going to be thankful for one thing. I'm going to be thankful for three, as three different things stood out to me today! But isn't that how life should be? Shouldn't we recognize God's blessings in our life more then just once a day?!
So today, I'm thankful that...
God blesses us multiple times each day!
So what were the things that stood out to me?
First, it had been a torture to get my son to go to bed last night. He would just NOT do it. He was hysterically crying, and no amount of discipline or commanding or anything would get him to hop in bed. I was at my wits end as he continued to sob uncontrollably. Meanwhile, my baby had been screaming on the floor, because he had gone through his diaper. Needless to say, I was a sole parent that night with no backup, and had become a monster mommy because of it. Does life ever feel that way to any of you?! Well, I remembered I DO have backup. So I told Liam I was going to go to change Aiden's diaper and we'd finish this later. And then I went simmering (or more likely bubbling over like jalapeno jelly) back to our bedroom to change his diaper, where I prayed to God for patience, and maybe some help too! Not a minute later it got extremely quiet. And then Liam popped his head in our bedroom... without a tear on his face, nor the usual post-fullout-crying quick breaths of trying to compose himself. And he said to me, "Mommy, Liam going to bed now. Blanket please on Liam. Thank you".
Wow. Thank you God. Now why don't we come to him in the beginning of our problems?! (Kudos to those of you that do!)
Next, I just want to thank God for the BEAUTIFUL weather we had today. Actually, beautiful is an understatement. In a way that only God can, he brightened my day (quite literally!) with a 64 degree day. Yes, that's right... a mid 60s day in November!!! Yay!!!! It was a little reminder that as the cold days approach (it's supposed to drop down to the 40s on Thursday), He is still thinking of me and loves me!
Finally, as I finished the day, I want to to say that I'm thankful to God for the Hitz family. Don't get me wrong, the whole Livonia church has adopted us into their family fold (I could truly name off different families and what they've done for us!), but the Hitz family has been so precious to us since we moved here. Some of Liam's favorite buddies are Len, Tom, Cindy and Kristen (not to mention his love for Tommy who he rarely sees!). They've invited us to join in with their family on holidays, and Liam loves his breakfast outings with Len. Today I spent most of the day with Cindy. She graciously offered to watch both(!) boys while I went to a seminar and so I could relax in general. We ended up spending the afternoon and evening over there since we were both without husbands that day... and to top it off, it was Kristen's birthday :)
Our normal place to eat... The Breakfast Club


No comments:
Post a Comment