Monday, March 5, 2012

Another One Bites the Dust

This is a post for my sister, who wanted to see the demise of my latest phone. This one actually lasted a lot longer then most. I'd had it in some form or fashion since we had lived in Kirksville (my phone before that had been launched off the Wal-mart conveyor belt like a rocket... and like a rocket, had crashed and burned). It had survived drooling from both sons, a 2-story fall onto brush, numerous drops on the pavement, multiple mishaps with water, a brief trip on the roof of my car, a short stint in the dryer, a 2 day stay in the deep freezer...

...let's just say that it outlived it's 9 lives...

... until it met the trunk of my equally powerful car. Now perhaps, it might have been a different story had it been a newer car (like the adage goes, "they don't make things like they used to"). But unfortunately that was not the case. And if I was smart, I could draw a physics diagram, and intelligently explain how much poundage forcefully came down upon my poor little phone. But alas, I didn't do so hot in physics class (though I have all kinds of equations currently floating in my brain :).

Remarkably, my nokia phone still works. Technically, I can still make and receive calls. But alas, my texting abilities disappeared with the screen, since I don't remember phone numbers and I'm not into one-sided conversations. So after sending a few text messages to family and friends to no longer text me back, I retired my phone. For a split second I thought it was God telling me that maybe I should curb my texting habits. But then I figured, maybe He was just telling me that I should no longer figure myself above the law, just because I could text (without looking) and drive at the same time.

And thus begins my adventures with a "smart phone" (thanks to my brother, Joel, for my Christmas present!). It's not Japanese though. And it hasn't even survived my diaper bag too well, so we'll see how long it lasts.

In other news though, we were still able to have fun at the aquarium , phone or not! This trip was mostly spent in the outdoor water park, although Liam was brave enough to touch a couple of stingrays and a starfish this time :)







No comments: