All I can say is, how did I not discover this before I was almost done with this awful "diet" challenge I endured for 8 weeks (and have somewhat tried to be consistent with since)?
I'd been craving desserts, especially ice cream, for quite some time ... and it wasn't until we were in my children's favorite store, Costco and literally stood in front of the Vita-mix booth for a good 40 minutes as the young jubilant guy entertained them with samples and conversation, that I got the idea to spruce up my post-workout greek yogurt...
So I put about 3/4c of yogurt in the blender and added about 2 cups of frozen fruit (I've tried pineapple, strawberries and blueberries, all with success)...
blended it for 30s on high...
and voila... frozen yogurt. :)
Not sweet, mind you, though I'm sure you could add sugar or honey or some kind of sweetener... but I don't mind the tart and was going for the "ice cream" texture. The 20g of protein was an added bonus. :)
And my craving was satisfied. And best of all, since all it consisted of was yogurt and frozen fruit, technically it wasn't a "sugary treat" and I didn't lose my points (for that snack at least)!!
Just make sure you don't wait too long to eat it- if you get distracted by a child, well, it kind of melts on the quicker side! And if you do it during a child's quiet time, well, they may call out from their bedroom that they want some "smoothie ice cream" too...
... But it still didn't keep me from rejoicing being done with the challenge... and of course I rewarded myself with dreams of pecan rolls and cookies from Trader Joe's. Sigh. :)
Friday, April 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
No sweets for 8 weeks?!? Goodness girl, you have really utilized your self control!
Post a Comment