Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Little Inch Worm


(to see his scooting progress more clearly, since he was unable to grasp the car well, it is better if you focus on the distance of the red tractor cart in the beginning.)

I was told over the weekend, that he would be moving in no time. I nodded in agreement, never figuring that "no time" would be the very next evening. Not sure I'm excited about this. He definitely gets where he wants to go in pretty short order, is already pushing himself on his toes, and moving his legs separately at times.

I was hoping to maybe have a child that sat for a month or two before he crawled (Aiden was crawling before he sat too, which meant he never sat still). Especially as content as Callum always is.

Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen.

So what else is my little 5-month old doing?

  • He rolls around so I can't leave him alone on the bed anymore.
  • He no longer sleeps through the night- he was until he caught a cold a couple weeks ago. Now you never know how his night will be!
  • Still smiles and laughs for everyone that even looks his direction- especially his brothers
  • Insists on it being quiet before he goes to bed.
  • At my mother's prodding, has finally started to take a pacifier. We will see if it continues now that she has left.
  • Is abiding his time, as he only has a month left before his Samson hair disappears (Daddy wanted to cut it 2 months ago, but I told him he had to wait until Callum was at least 6 months old).

No comments: