Well, my parents assumed I had continued to teach Liam the psalm. After the first verse, I had gotten distracted and had switched to the church memory verses for the month. Then, a couple days before my mom arrived for a visit, she told me that if Liam said the whole psalm for his Papa, well he would get a special present, since that is what happened when we were four and learned that psalm in prekindergarten at school. I informed her that we hadn't been practicing it at all. She told me my dad said he was smart, and he could do it.
So we focused. And we lived out my life verses of Deuteronomy 6. We memorized it part by part, and recited it when he first woke up. We recited it at nap and bedtime. We recited it after each meal. We recited it when we would drive for more then 10-15minutes in the car. And we got a wee bit burned out. So the last 3 days, we only recited it about once a day.
When he saw Papa that first morning, Papa asked what he wanted to do "today"- Liam told him, "I want to tell you my Bible verses."
I was looking back through my pictures and realized I never posted this video.
So here it is, for anyone who wants to hear him recite it (aka, my family :)
As for his special present?
Well, he had been eyeing a pirate duplo set that had been on the endcap of a Target aisle. He had decided Katie would get it for him for Christmas.
Let's just say that he was pleasantly surprised. :)

1 comment:
Congratulations Liam!
Job well done momma!
I love that you are writing scriptures on Liam's heart that will be with him all the days of his life!
Post a Comment