As I type the title, I'm trying to remember that we truly were joyful to spend the past couple weeks baking up a variety of wonderful goodies to hand out to our neighbors, mailman, etc. And I'm trying not to think about coming downstairs last night to find a large dark green stain on my carpet after my children decided to dump all the sprinkles on the ground, pour water on them, and eat them. Which really, if you think about it, sounds really gross. I think I'm glad Joel discovered it and not me. And really, I should be both appreciative that one, even though their bodies went through sugar overload with the sprinkles, I'm sure they got some nice bacteria from the floor too to have a balanced immune system if they don't croak first. And, I have a nice brightly clean spot on an otherwise drab carpet. :)
But the truth is, I would do it all over again (except leave the sprinkles in an out-of-reach location). It was fun getting to make my Grandma's cutout cookie recipe that I grew up loving (thanks, Aunt Jane and Aunt Janice!), and watching the children go to town. The funny thing is, even though they saturated their cookies with sprinkles, they tended to choose my "light" ones to eat. After making those, along with other yummy ones, truffles, fudge, caramels and a whole bunch of other goodies, we lovingly delivered them to others, reminding Liam again how thankful we are to have these people in our lives, and to show them God's love. :)
After reading the story of the candy cane, we also made homemade candy canes to give to those we love as well! Pictures of those to follow... :)
Monday, December 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment