Thursday, December 26, 2013

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Well, so much for the countdown. :)

I guess that's what happens when you are too busy to get on the computer. Oh well. At least in our real world (vs this digital one), we still had a countdown that ended with a birthday party for Jesus. As soon as I get those uploaded, I will put them up. Then tomorrow, we will be heading down to Indianapolis so the boys can spend time with their cousins.

I'm so thankful for the preparations I did. They may have seemed like a bit much, and once my church turn is over in a couple of weeks, I think I will sit and reflect about what worked, and what didn't... if you have ideas of your own, I'd LOVE to hear them! I am so grateful though that Liam did seem to understand all that I drilled into him. How do I know that?!

1. When he received a thank you note from the neighbor for the cookies, he looked at me brightly and said, "Look mom. It's a Christmas card about Jesus!"  A bit taken aback because our neighbor is not a believer, I took a look at the card. It had a boy all decked out in his snow clothes looking at a pine tree in the forest that had been decorated. Nothing "religious" about it.

2. Christmas morning, he went downstairs, saw the presents and looked at the names of a few. Startled, he suddenly turned to Joel and I and asked, "Well, where is Jesus' present?" I said he didn't have any, and maybe he could share his gifts, but Liam shook his head and said, "No. Jesus doesn't want stuff. He wants us. He wants our hearts. You better wrap me in a box and give me to Jesus!". So we did. :)



 (We told Danya Jesus would want her to open the present for Him since she had the least amount of gifts under the tree...)




1 comment:

teresa said...

the heart and mind of an innocent child is absolutely precious. thanks for sharing these priceless Christmas memories.